Bobby Womack & J.J. Johnson - Across 110th Street (1972)
1. Across 110th Street - Peace, Bobby Womack
2. Harlem Clavinette [Instrumental]
3. If You Don't Want My Love (Give It Back) - Bobby Womack
4. Hang on in There [Instrumental]
5. Quicksand - Bobby Womack
6. Harlem Love Theme [Instrumental]
7. Across 110th Street [Instrumental]
8. Do It Right - Bobby Womack
9. Hang on in There - Bobby Womack
10. If You Don't Want My Love [Instrumental]
11. Across 110th Street, Pt. 2 - Peace, Bobby Womack
A fine, thoughtful album from Bobby Womack (who wrote the theme) and jazz veteran J.J. Johnson. The album is a mix of classic seventies soul and a heady, beat-driven big band style of funk. The best track from a funk perspective is the outstanding 'Harlem Clavinette'. JJ Johnson on top form.
BOBBY WOMACK and J.J. JOHNSON...ACROSS 110TH STREET
By Michelle Price WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump attacked the FBI and lawmakers probing alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election and said an excessive focus on Russia led federal investigators to miss signs that could have prevented the deadly school shooting in Florida last week. In a series of tweets over the weekend, Trump accused President Barack Obama of failing to do enough to stop Russian election interference and belittled Representative Adam Schiff, of the House intelligence committee that is investigating Russia's actions.
MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexico escaped major destruction from a magnitude 7.2 earthquake that jolted southern and central parts of the country, authorities said Saturday, though 13 people were killed in the crash of a helicopter sent to assess the damage.