Bobby Womack & J.J. Johnson - Across 110th Street (1972)
1. Across 110th Street - Peace, Bobby Womack
2. Harlem Clavinette [Instrumental]
3. If You Don't Want My Love (Give It Back) - Bobby Womack
4. Hang on in There [Instrumental]
5. Quicksand - Bobby Womack
6. Harlem Love Theme [Instrumental]
7. Across 110th Street [Instrumental]
8. Do It Right - Bobby Womack
9. Hang on in There - Bobby Womack
10. If You Don't Want My Love [Instrumental]
11. Across 110th Street, Pt. 2 - Peace, Bobby Womack
A fine, thoughtful album from Bobby Womack (who wrote the theme) and jazz veteran J.J. Johnson. The album is a mix of classic seventies soul and a heady, beat-driven big band style of funk. The best track from a funk perspective is the outstanding 'Harlem Clavinette'. JJ Johnson on top form.
BOBBY WOMACK and J.J. JOHNSON...ACROSS 110TH STREET
Former USA Gymnastics and Michigan State University doctor Larry Nassar, who is facing 10 counts of first-degree sexual misconduct after more than 140 women accused him, penned a six-page letter to the court saying it was too difficult to listen to dozens of accusers deliver victim impact statements on how he sexually abused them.
U.S. President Donald Trump complained on Wednesday that Russia was helping North Korea to evade international sanctions, signalling frustration with a country he had hoped to forge friendly relations with after his 2016 election win. "Russia is not helping us at all with North Korea," Trump said during an Oval Office interview with Reuters. "What China is helping us with, Russia is denting.